Since 8 update autofill works randomly.

Options
Bacon
Bacon
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

After years of using 1Password without issue on my 2017 iMac and PC before that, since version 8, 1Password autofill works only randomly. I clear my Safari history regularly so as an experiment today with autofill working I tried it again after clearing Safari history, only to find it stopped working. And this was trying to access the same regular accounts I'd successfully 'autofilled' before clearing the history. Probably a silly question but could clearing Safari history cause 1Password autofill to stop working? (until I restart the Mac that is). Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.4.0
OS Version: Ventura 13.0
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• chinamax
    chinamax
    Community Member
    Options

I am having a similar problem. In fact, I was having the problem with version 7 as well, but was working around it. Now family members are having the problem and I have to fix it for myself, so I can fix it for them. we are also using Safari

• Bacon
    Bacon
    Community Member
    Options

Have down downloaded Chrome onto my iMac. Does the same. Some autofill, other won't. Very random. So many people are complaining about this. Is it being looked into?

• Hey @Bacon,

I'm sorry for the disruption.

1Password for Safari relies on Safari's cache to maintain a connection with our encrypted server, clearing Safari's history will also clear this cache, resulting in this connection being broken. This can cause the extension to no longer operate as expected as you've experienced.

Our team is aware of this behaviour and are currently working to implement a fix. I have noted on our report that this issue has affected you and hopefully we'll see a fix in the near future. In the meantime, I would suggest that if clearing your browser history is part of your regular workflow, you can continue to get things working again as you have suggested by restarting your browser.

As for Chrome, can you provide me an example of a website you are having difficulty filling on so I can do some testing and best advise?

@chinamax

Can you possibly provide me with some more details on the problem you and your family are having with 1Password in Safari? Are you also experiencing issues after clearing your history?

I look forward to hearing from you!

ref: dev/core/core/-/issues/12763

This discussion has been closed.