Tiny, 1-pixel MacOS dock icon

Options
eb112
eb112
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Mac

This has happened twice over the past few months, once with 1Password 7, and again after upgrading to 1Password 8. Not ruling out an issue with MacOS, but this has only happened with 1Pass. Thought I would at least report this in case others run into the same issue.

The problem is easy to fix: just issue a killall Dock command in the terminal. Note that this persists after quitting / force-quitting 1Pass, and after restarting MacOS.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.6
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:MacOS Dock icon 1 pixel

Comments

• Hello @eb112! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that the 1Password icon wasn't rendered properly on your Mac until you restarted the macOS Dock. I've looked around and I see people reporting the same issue with other apps so this might be something on the macOS end of things. That being said, I would be happy to file an issue with our developers so that they can investigate further. Can you tell me the following:

1. Is there any more information that you can provide about what actions might trigger the issue?
    2. Is the icon clickable when it's in that tiny state?
    3. Are you using Handoff on your devices?
    4. Is the 1Password icon set to stay permanently in your Dock or just when the main window is open?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.