Unable to update to latest scim bridge (Google platform)

matsmalmsten
matsmalmsten
Community Member

Hi,

I was planning on upgrading our scim bridge to the latest 2.6.2 version but when running
kubectl set image deploy/op-scim-bridge-1 op-scim-bridge-1=1password/scim:v2.6.2

I only get "Error from server (NotFound): deployments.apps "op-scim-bridge-1" not found"

This has worked earlier. Not super deep with kubernetes so help would be apprcieated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• hemal.g_1p
    edited November 2022

Hi @matsmalmsten ,

I'm sorry to hear you're not able to upgrade. Happy to help.

This error can happen if your App instance name was changed from the default "op-scim-bridge-1" used in the 1Password SCIM bridge Marketplace app or a custom deployment was used.

To identify whats going wrong there, Can you please run following commands:
    1. "kubectl get pods -A" , This command will give better information of the health of your SCIM bridge pod.
    2. "kubectl get deployments" , This will determine the name of your Kubernetes deployment so that you can set the deployment image on the correct deployment.
    3. Finally, copy that full deployment name and paste it into the below command replacing the text that says "your-op-scim-deployment"
    "kubectl set image deploy/your-op-scim-deployment op-scim-bridge-1=1password/scim:v2.x.x"

After that you should be able to navigate to your SCIM bridge URL, it should be accessible and running version 2.6.2.
    Feel free to write in again if you have any further questions.

• matsmalmsten
    matsmalmsten
    Community Member

Hi,

Did not get it to work with that but I did a reinstall and now I am on the lastest version. So all good. Thanks for your help.

• I have the basic GCP deployment, every names have been kept by default and I had the same issue.
    I tried the command you propose but everything should be ok with the default command but it's not.

$ kubectl get pods -A
    NAMESPACE            NAME                                                  READY   STATUS             RESTARTS        AGE
    1password            op-scim-bridge-1-5dfc977465-gpbmh                     1/1     Running            5 (26m ago)     3d5h
    1password            op-scim-bridge-1-redis-master-5bd86b446-5jzz4         1/1     Running            0               3d5h
    application-system   application-controller-manager-7bf45dc6d6-lrd2z       2/2     Running            0               3d5h
    application-system   application-controller-manager-7bf45dc6d6-xmqnk       2/2     Running            0               3d5h
    kalm-system          kalm-controller-manager-0                             1/2     CrashLoopBackOff   907 (50s ago)   3d5h
    kube-system          event-exporter-gke-f66d9f855-lgwpj                    2/2     Running            0               3d5h
    kube-system          fluentbit-gke-bnsdn                                   2/2     Running            0               3d5h
    kube-system          fluentbit-gke-c4qr5                                   2/2     Running            0               3d5h
    kube-system          gke-metrics-agent-gp8cc                               1/1     Running            0               3d5h
    kube-system          gke-metrics-agent-v24qv                               1/1     Running            0               3d5h
    kube-system          konnectivity-agent-autoscaler-6dfb4f9cfb-h6lbl        1/1     Running            0               3d5h
    kube-system          konnectivity-agent-fb4bc94b4-4nzzb                    1/1     Running            0               3d5h
    kube-system          konnectivity-agent-fb4bc94b4-pglxq                    1/1     Running            0               3d5h
    kube-system          kube-dns-autoscaler-f4d55555-kt6k2                    1/1     Running            0               3d5h
    kube-system          kube-dns-b99c7865d-qhpfr                              4/4     Running            0               3d5h
    kube-system          kube-dns-b99c7865d-zrfbn                              4/4     Running            0               3d5h
    kube-system          kube-proxy-gke-cluster-1-default-pool-4394e210-k9ft   1/1     Running            0               3d5h
    kube-system          kube-proxy-gke-cluster-1-default-pool-4394e210-wwpl   1/1     Running            0               3d5h
    kube-system          l7-default-backend-69fb9fd9f9-z8khb                   1/1     Running            0               3d5h
    kube-system          metrics-server-v0.4.5-fb4c49dd6-8qqmd                 2/2     Running            0               3d5h
    kube-system          pdcsi-node-5tw27                                      2/2     Running            0               3d5h
    kube-system          pdcsi-node-xh8tn                                      2/2     Running            0               3d5h

$ kubectl get deployments -n 1password
    NAME                            READY   UP-TO-DATE   AVAILABLE   AGE
    op-scim-bridge-1                1/1     1            1           40d
    op-scim-bridge-1-redis-master   1/1     1            1           40d

$ kubectl set image deploy/op-scim-bridge-1 op-scim-bridge-1=1password/scim:v2.6.2                                                                                                                                                   
    Error from server (NotFound): deployments.apps "op-scim-bridge-1" not found

The solution is to specify the namespace:

$ kubectl set image deploy/op-scim-bridge-1 op-scim-bridge-1=1password/scim:v2.6.2 -n 1password
    $ kubectl patch applications.app.k8s.io op-scim-bridge-1 -p='[{"op":"replace", "path":"/spec/descriptor/version", "value":"2.6.2"}]' -n 1password --type='json'
    application.app.k8s.io/op-scim-bridge-1 patched

• Wada
    Wada
    Community Member

@guillaumeseigneuret
    I was not familiar with gcp and k8s but thanks to you I was able to update it. Thank you !

• @Wada : You're welcome.
    @hemal.g_1p : I think you should update your documentation :)

• lukedreambox
    lukedreambox
    Community Member

@guillaumeseigneuret Thanks for sharing your experience. In my case, 1Password SCIM Bridge was deployed in the "default" namespace, so specifying a namespace was not required to make the commands work.

• Thanks for sharing everyone! :)

This discussion has been closed.