Pin Code for unlocking desktop client or browser

Options
jdoug
jdoug
Community Member

Bitwarden has the ability for you to use a 4-digit pin code to unlock it.

I can't seem to find this feature in 1password. I

Really hate having to type my master password every time to unload the screen.

Please don't give me the "this isn't as secure..blah, blah". I am willing to trade some security for USEABILITY. :) just make it an option, please not a default. No, I don't have biometric's on all my computers and laptops.

And on a tablet, with no biometrics, OMG!!! My fingers are going to cramp into nubs! :)
Guess putting that time-out value to 4-8 hours is best can do on tablet. tablet locks every 15 mins unlock by pin code.

So, what is more secure, an option for a 4-digit PIN code, or someone having to put the lock value at 4-8hrs?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hello,
    Take a look here : https://1password.community/discussion/132138/1pw8-pin-code

++++++
    Question : if you feel a 4 character PIN account is safe, why don't you use that as your master password?
    ++++++
    Big advantage of 1Password over Bitwarden is that there is a link between the program and the browser extension.
    With Bitwarden, unless you leave the browser active, you will be forced to unlock the extension each time

• Hey there @jdoug

As you've found, you can set Auto-Lock to 8 hours on your tablet if you're happy that your tablet's passcode is secure enough.

On a Windows PC, you can set up Windows Hello which will let you use a PIN to unlock 1Password: Use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password on your Windows PC.

Your account password must be a minimum of 10 characters in length, but doesn't need to have uppercase letters, numbers, or symbols, unless you want to. Our recommendation is typically to use four or five words (generated by the "Memorable" recipe in the password generator).

How to choose a good 1Password account password

Let me know how that works out and I'll be here if you have any questions or need any help. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.