Link and auto update linked items

Options

Hello there. I am not sure whether this is a feature request or the feature is already present but I am failing to find/use it. Let me explain, what I am searching for:

In our small organization we have some vaults that are accessible only to a small number of people. Also there are some guest accounts, that don't have access to the main "Shared" vault. Still, those guests and also some other users need access to specific items that would usually not be accesible to them. For guests in particular we create a new vault that can be accessed by them and duplicate the needed items in there. Now they have access but unfortunately we end up with having duplicate items/information - so whenever someone were to change the original item, this change would not be reflected in all the other items.

Is there a way to "link and sync" items? This would be different from the "linked items" functionality that is already present. I would expect that when someone changes a "master item", all the related "descendants" would automatically update as well.

Looking forward to hearing from you if something like this is already on your plate! Thanks a lot!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @norysang,

1Password doesn't currently offer any functionality to updated cloned items when one changes, but I see why that could be useful. I'll share your feedback with the team for their consideration.

For now, the best way to handle this is usually by creating another vault and giving all relevant parties access to it. With that done, the item can be moved there and there is no need to duplicate it in other vaults.

I hope this information helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any further questions!

Thank you,

ref: IDEA-I-152

This discussion has been closed.