1Password extension (Firefox) loses focus after unlocking

Re-posting here since the "1Password in the Browser" category seems more appropriate than the "Linux" category.
Original post by gtf21

Steps to reproduce:
1. 1Password extension is locked
2. Go to a website you want to autofill on
3. Press ctrl-. to open the 1Password extension
4. Enter master password, press enter
5. 1Password extension loses focus, but stays open

In order to autofill, I then press esc and ctrl-. again, after which I can simply hit enter to autofill the login. Therefore it only loses focus after the initial unlocking, not when summoned subsequently with the ctrl-. shortcut.

I've observed this on the following platforms:

• Firefox on Windows 10
  • Firefox on Linux (Ubuntu 20.04)
  • Firefox on MacOS

Currently using 1Password extension 2.3.8 and Firefox version 106.0.1 (64-bit), but I've been observing this behaviour for a while, atleast across a few different Firefox versions, and possibly a few different 1Password extension versions.

1Password Version: N/A
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: MacOS, Windows and Linux
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Hi @aseligmann

Thanks for reporting this issue to us and for providing these steps to reproduce the issue.

This is a known issue that our developers are currently working on. I've added this post link to the list of affected users. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

The current workaround we recommend for this issue is to press the Tab key twice to bring the 1Password window back into focus.

I hope this workaround is useful in the meantime.

Thanks

-- Brendan

ref: dev/core/core#15775

• Guidome
    Guidome
    Community Member

@BrendanR1P Same issue here with Brave. Can you confirm the issue on this browser is being tracked by your dev team too?
    Thanks!

• Hey @Guidome,

I'm sorry you are running into difficulty. Can you provide me with some more details on your set up? Which version of the 1Password app are you using and which OS version?

This will help us to determine if it could also be linked to the above issue, thanks!

• Guidome
    Guidome
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

@steph.giles I am currently running:

• Windows 22H2
    • Brave 1.48.167
    • 1Password 8.10.0
    • 1Password extension 2.7.0
  • Hey @Guidome,

Thank you for these details, I have added you to the issue as an affected user.

In the meantime, I hope the above workaround as provided by Brendan is helpful.

I'm sorry for the disruption!

ref: dev/core/core#15775

This discussion has been closed.