No TOTP notification after auto fill

Options
s_kozyr
s_kozyr
Community Member

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Safari on iPad
2. Login to some account with TOTP (e.g. twitter)
3. Use 1Password 8 to auto fill password in Safari

Expected result: quick notification is shown with text “One time password is copied to clipboard” (this notification was visible with 1Password 7)

Actual result: no notification after one time password is actually copied to clipboard.

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPad OS 15.7
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• DudeThatsErin
    DudeThatsErin
    Community Member
    Options

You can turn that on under Settings > Notifications and tick on "One-Time Passwords". It is off by default in v8.

• Hey there @s_kozyr

As @DudeThatsErin mentioned (thank you!), this needs to be turned on in 1Password's Settings. There's more about how to use 1Password for one-time passwords here: Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication.

If you need any more help, please let us know. :)

— Grey

• jsinglestein
    jsinglestein
    Community Member
    Options

I have this notification turned on but I'm not getting the notification either.

• @jsinglestein

It's possible that the notifications have been turned off at the "other end" in Settings. Try this and let me know what you find:

1. Open the Settings app (not 1Password's Settings).
    2. Tap Notifications > 1Password.
    3. Make sure that "Allow Notifications" is turned on and that you have Banners turned on under Alerts. The Temporary banner style is probably the better one to use here.

Give that a go and if you run into trouble, I'll be here.

• jsinglestein
    jsinglestein
    Community Member
    Options

@GreyM1P I have notifications turned on there too. I just figured something out though. If you use the safari extension, you don't get the notification. It's only when using the main app.

• @jsinglestein

Yes, that's right. When using Password AutoFill in iOS, we have to use the notification system and the clipboard to provide one-time passwords after you autofill the username and password. In 1Password for Safari, just like on the desktop, you can autofill one-time passwords directly – no notifications or pasting required. :)

This discussion has been closed.