unable to save items

Options
2»

Comments

• chabright
    chabright
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately the problem came back the next day after I posted. I did the fix again, but it's now happening again about an hour later. Very strange. This is on my work computer.
    I use 1Password at home as well for years, and I've never had this problem.

• mkombat580
    mkombat580
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy I have already created a ticket and it is being looked at. Support replied back that this is a known issue that Engineers are looking at as it seems to be affecting accounts that have 2FA account. For now, locking/unlocking every few hours is the only fix.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chabright, sorry to hear that the issue has returned. This is something that our developers are actively investigating, and as others have mentioned, it seems to affect user accounts that have 2fa enabled. I'm curious, do you have 2fa enabled for your account? If so, are you open to turning it off to see if that will help?

I would understand if that's not something you'd wish to do. In that case, could you try the beta version of the extension to see if the behavior has improved with the updates that were recently added?

Here's how to get the beta extension: 1Password beta

Please let us know how things go. We hope to hear from you again soon.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2023
    Options

@mkombat580 sorry that the beta version of the extension did not help. While there are some people who have had good experiences after installing the beta extension, there are some who are still experiencing the issue. Our developers are working hard to investigate the matter and we hope to have an update from them soon.

In the meantime, did you want me to take a look at your setup to see if there is anything we've missed? If so, please share your Support ID and I'll take a closer look at your ticket. If there is anything further that I can do to help, please let me know.

• joshuam
    joshuam
    Community Member
    Options

I am having this issue too, sometimes daily, and I have to restart Chrome every time it happens. It is so frustrating because it is always right when I am trying to generate a new password which it won't let me copy, and usually right in the middle of filling out form fields which are then lost when restarting.

• @joshuam

Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. One of the team can verify if you are experiencing the issue mentioned above. Have you tried the beta or is it of interest to you? The team can also let you know if that's an option depending on if you are experiencing the issue above.

• PDarb
    PDarb
    Community Member
    Options

this fix seems to have worked for me just now thanks.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PDarb glad to hear that things are working well now!

This discussion has been closed.