1Password is not finding my login information for CIBC banking

Options

1Password is no longer mapping my Card number/Username entry for my CIBC banking login when invoked directly in the Card Number field. I am only offered credit/debit card entries for that field.

1Password does finds the correct login for the associated Password field and if I invoke 1Password from the browser toolbar it finds the correct login and will autofill both fields correctly. This is a recent problem and is also affecting my wife as well.

I'm using a Mac running 12.6.1 and I have the same issue in both Safari and Brave.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: MacOS 12.6.1
Browser:_ Safari & Brave
Referrer: forum-search:cibc login

Comments

• Hello @DAve60! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password is running into filling issues on the CIBC website. We've received a few reports of this issue and our developers will investigate further. While I can't make any promises, we should be able to update 1Password's filling brain to improve the situation here.

Thank you for reporting the issue. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#18322

• Snurch2000
    Snurch2000
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I'm having a similar issue with the CIBC Online Banking website. 1Password does recognize the Card Number field correctly but it does not fill in the Password field. If I click on the 1Password icon within the Password field it displays "No item found". I'm on a Mac with MacOS Ventura 13.3.1 and Safari.

CIBC Link: https://www.cibconline.cibc.com/ebm-resources/online-banking/client/index.html#/auth/signon

• Hi @Snurch2000, thanks for reaching out!

It sounds like you may be experiencing the same issue. To be sure, can you confirm if the item being recognized in the "Card number" field is an existing CIBC Login item, or a Credit Card item? I've tested the site myself and was able to only fill Credit Card items in the "Card Number" field, but was seeing a CIBC Login item suggested from the inline menu when clicking in the "Password" field.

I look forward to hearing from you!

• Snurch2000
    Snurch2000
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @david.m_1P, thanks for the quick response and sorry for my delay.

Yes the field that is recognized is the Card number which is filled with my credit card number from 1Password. The password field is not filled with my password from 1Password and no item is suggested when clicking the inline menu.

Thanks for looking into this.

• Thank you for getting back to us @Snurch2000, I have added you as an affected user to the internal issue.

I'm sorry for the disruption!

• Snurch2000
    Snurch2000
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @steph.giles . Not a big issue as I can use the copy/paste option.

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We appreciate your understanding @Snurch2000 🙂 I'm hopeful we'll be able to make an improvement with CIBC in the future.

• Snurch2000
    Snurch2000
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I realized, today, that I created my CIBC entry in 1Password using a “Credit Card” type item and that it could be the issue. I thought that for it to be recognized correctly as a login on the CIBC website maybe it needs to be a “Login” item. So I created a new “Login” item with the username as my credit card number, the password and the website for CIBC Online. Then I deleted the CIBC “Credit card” item from 1Password. Well when I tried to login the username field was not found in 1Password (no item found) but the password was found so the opposite of what I had before.

So I decided to bring back the “Credit card” item I had just deleted in order to have both (the “credit card” and “login” items) and now both fields on the website are found. Sort of a work around.

• Thank you for sharing your workaround @Snurch2000, that will be most helpful for other users encountering the same issue.

This discussion has been closed.