two separate Windows users one computer which 1password version do we use?

Options
tomseeley
tomseeley
Community Member
edited November 2022 in Windows

My wife and I both use **separate **logins on our desktop computer running Windows 10. I am the admin and she is a ltd user. We both want **completely ****separate ** 1password manager accounts. We never share anything, incl master passwords. We never use the computer when the other is logged in, so my wife using her 1password data while I'm logged in, or vice versa, is totally unacceptable to us.

I want to try it out but I can't tell which version I need to download and install "for all users". Do I go with an individual acct? Hard to see how she could use it the way we want to. Do I set up a family account while I'm logged in as me? Wouldn't that require to use it by logging in as me, not herself? That's a non-starter!

Help me decide how to do this please.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• DudeThatsErin
    DudeThatsErin
    Community Member
    Options

You just download the one I linked to in your other thread. The one for windows should ask you if you want to install for all users. Not sure why you created a separate thread for this but I digress.

• tomseeley
    tomseeley
    Community Member
    Options

you dont digress, i messed up! I shoulda kept it all in one thread!

• Hi folks,

Thanks for messages here and for the help in the alternate thread @DudeThatsErin. I'll close this discussion as the details are contained here.

This discussion has been closed.