1Password passwords not showing up

Options
ajahn
ajahn
Community Member

I have the Public Storage app on my iPhone. I also have iPhone 8 on my phone. When I open this app, it fills in my username but the password field is blank. When I tap it, I see a little key icon and the word "Passwords" next to it (right above the keyboard). When I tap the key/Passwords I get the face ID thing and it shows my passwords. I then search for "public" and it doesn't find that password. I'm thinking that this is not opening 1Password, but something else. If I open the 1Password app I can find the entry and copy the password and use it with this PS app.

Here is the screen I get when I tap the key/password item above the keyboard.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 15.6.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @ajahn! πŸ‘‹

It looks like you have Password AutoFill (the iOS technology used by password managers to fill and save logins in other iOS apps) setup to work with Apple's iCloud Keychain and not 1Password. You can enable 1Password for Password AutoFill by following these steps:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

I'd recommend migrating your logins from iCloud Keychain to 1Password by using this guide: Move your iCloud Passwords from Safari to 1Password. Once everything is in 1Password you can disable Keychain for Password AutoFill.

I hope that helps! πŸ™‚

-Dave

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

That worked! Thanks. It still shows the key/Password but when I click it and get past the face ID it takes me to the 1Password items. I don't need to migrate, all my passwords are in 1Password. Thanks for the help.

• @ajahn

I'm happy that my suggestion helped. πŸ™‚

You can double-check to make sure that you're not storing passwords in Keychain by following these steps:

1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Tap on Passwords.

If you see passwords and logins listed here then you'll want to migrate them to 1Password. If you don't see passwords or logins listed here then you're good to go.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.