Teams and more

Hi, I have 3 different questions.
I work for a company who has a Team membership and 3 users.

I have in my user account a vault called Private.
1. Can the administrator of the Team membership delete my account and my vault?
2. Can he see the vault and whats inside?
3. If the company cancels the membership what will happen to my vault?
4. Does it make sense if the vault described above truly is private and will remain, to also import my own private passwords to make it easier or should I create my own membership here?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @maxpax, welcome to the 1Password Support Community. I'll be happy to answer your questions.

Can the administrator of the Team membership delete my account and my vault?

Any account owner or administrator does have the ability to suspend or delete your account on the team. This will result in any data in your Private vault being permanently deleted.

Can he see the vault and whats inside?

Nope. Your Private vault is only accessible to you and cannot be managed or viewed by any owner or admin. It's essentially a place only you can access and is great for storing any work-related information that won't need to be shared with colleagues, like your work email credentials.

If the company cancels the membership what will happen to my vault?

When the subscription is cancelled your 1Password account will become frozen and you'll lose some functionality. You'll still be able to view, manually copy, and export all data within your Private vault, however.

Does it make sense if the vault described above truly is private and will remain, to also import my own private passwords to make it easier or should I create my own membership here?

It's important to view 1Password Business and Teams as owned by your company or organization. Although your Private vault in a business or team account is only accessible to you, it should be viewed as being owned by the company you work for. If your company is paying for the account they will have rights to revoke your access or close the account outright. For this reason and others, only work-related items should be stored in its vaults.

If you have any personal passwords and data you would like to safeguard, I highly recommend signing up for an individual or family account, which you can alongside your team account. This would be a fully separate 1Password account and would not be affected if you were suspended or choose to depart your company.

This discussion has been closed.