Is this phishing?

Options
VivianPicow
VivianPicow
Community Member

My husband (I'm the primary on our family account) received a drop-down message on his iPhone showing accounts (eg. our bank) whose passwords have been compromised and advising that he change the passwords of each one. There is a very long list of accounts, at least 50. We looked at the message because it had Apple's keychain icon on it so we thought it might legit. Neither of us use keychain for password storage and these passwords that were listed are ones from his 1Password account. So we suddenly realized that something might be amiss. Although we didn't go to any of the websites and change any passwords we're concerned at how that list appeared. Have you heard about phishing or scams like this? We will change his 1Password main password. Can you please give me your suggestions about this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:phishing

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2022
    Options

@VivianPicow

Go to the phone’s Settings > Passwords. Do you have any items listed there, and possibly under under Security Recommendations?

• VivianPicow
    VivianPicow
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your suggestion. With the help of Apple Support I was able to find out that the issue was with Keychain. I was able to resolve it. Yay!

• @VivianPicow

I'm happy to hear that Apple Support was able to help you resolve the issue. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.