1Password Chrome/Windows not registering keyboard/keystrokes when trying to unlock

Options
Joeleh
Joeleh
Community Member

For the last few days, when I have been using Chrome and a website requests my login details and I need to login to 1Password, the chrome app opens the windows app asking me for my master password, but the app does not register anything that I am typing. No matter how many times I type/click the box etc it will not work. The only workaround I have found is I have to manually close the Windows App, re-open it and then it registers what I type so I can login. Would be great to get this fixed!

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:does not recognize keyboard

Comments

• Hello @Joeleh,

Thanks so much for your message. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having troubles with 1Password 8 for Windows registering keyboard/mouse input. This doesn't sound right and something I've heard happening recently. We'd like to investigate further.

Could you let us know if this new behaviour? Was there anything that changed with your device since this trouble started to occur?

As for some first steps, I'd recommend checking for any available updates for your mouse, keyboard and Windows. If no updates are available or they didn't help, can you try restarting Windows in Safe Mode with Networking Enabled and then try using 1Password again to see if this behaviour persists?

Please let us know how you make out with those steps. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.