Membership vs. License

Options
rgevans871
rgevans871
Community Member

I currently have version 7.9.6 with a license on a Macbook Air. From what I read about the announcement for version 8 is that I'll need a membership if I want to upgrade to version 8. I'm wondering what the difference is between having a license and a membership. I'm wondering if I can expect to continue to use 1Password with just a license if I choose to and if I saw an advantage in having a membership, what would it cost? I only saw where you can try if for free, but not what it cost once the trial runs out.

1Password Version: 7.9.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Mac0S12.6
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @rgevans871

These are some of the features and differences between having a license and having a membership:

If you write in to our Support team, we can go through the pricing in some more detail as well as offering a very attractive license trade-in deal to you. E-mail us at support+forum@1password.com

Look forward to hearing from you! - Catherine 🙂

• wchutt
    wchutt
    Community Member
    Options

I'm wondering if I can expect to continue to use 1Password with just a license if I choose to?

• @wchutt

If you have an existing license for a specific version of 1Password then you can continue to use that version for as long as it continues to work on your devices.

1Password.com memberships are the future of 1Password and you can read some of our founder Dave's thoughts here: What is the future of local/standalone vaults? — 1Password Support Community

We're currently offering big discounts on 1Password memberships to users who have been using our licensed version of 1Password. If you're interested then please email our dedicated migration team at support+tradein@1password.com. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly support assistant, with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Please post the Support ID here and I'll make sure that your email gets to our migration team so that they can offer you a heavily discounted membership. 😊

-Dave

• wchutt
    wchutt
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your prompt and detailed reply.

• We're always happy to help wchutt. Have a great weekend.

This discussion has been closed.