I am not able to drop files into 1password entries, attachment mgmt seems broken

Options
Tony Martinez
Tony Martinez
Community Member
edited May 2023 in Mac

As 1password continues to devolve, I find myself unable to manage attachments as I once were. At one point, attachments were automatically linked to a document using drag/drop from desktop. Now the link takes manual effort? Is the only way to link an attachment to an entry to first import the doc into 1password, then go into the entry and connect them manually using the link file command? No more drag-drop into an entry? Can anyone confirm that the parent/child relationship between entries and attachments is completely over? If I delete an entry, all relevant attachments are orphaned? If this is the case, complete disregard for power users.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to manage attachments

Comments

• andrew.l_1P
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi @Tony Martinez,

Thanks for your feedback and letting us know this is important to you. We do have an open feature request to bring drag and drop attachments to 1Password 8 so I'll add you to that.

To clarify the current behaviour, you can add attachments to your 1Password account by adding them to an item or as a separate item of their own. You're correct that attachments added as part of another item would be deleted (or rather moved to "Recently Deleted") along with the item to which they belong. To avoid this, I recommend uploading your attachments as their own items.

Additionally, the links created between items are one way, so they will only appear on the item where the link is created. Here I've linked a login item to a credit card item:

And that same link doesn't appear on the credit card item:

I hope this clears up how attachments and item linking currently behaves, let me know if you have any questions or feedback. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-1406

• wills11
    wills11
    Community Member
    Options

Agreed—this is a major drag (or lack thereof).

How long it this going to remain an "open feature request"—and whose idea was it to "upgrade" the app by removing basic MacOS functionality in the first place?

Thanks kindly,

Wm.

PS: here it's also described here as being a feature request with "internal tracking"—any update on that?

https://1password.community/discussion/134743/drag-and-drop-attachements

• Dave_1P
    Options

@wills11

I've replied to you here. Let's continue the discussion in the other thread.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.