1Password on MacOS will not update

ocabj
ocabj
Community Member

Every time I try to update 1Password it will restart and then indicate it is still on 8.9.4 and tell me 8.9.8 is available.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• ocabj
    ocabj
    Community Member

I resolved this with a full uninstall of 1password and deleting all associated files from ~/Library, and reinstalling.

• Hey there @ocabj

Glad to hear you've sorted this out. Let us know how things go. :)

— Grey

• ocabj
    ocabj
    Community Member

Note that I had this problem reoccur with 8.9.8. It will not update to 8.9.10. You tell it to restart the app to install update and it keeps coming up to 8.9.8 and asks to restart to update app. There appears to be some issue with the updater.

• Hi @ocabj,

Sorry to hear this issue has resurfaced. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac, please do this immediately after reproducing this behaviour.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can link your conversations. Thanks, looking forward to finding a solution with you. 🙂

• ocabj
    ocabj
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

It'll have to wait until next update. I ended up full uninstalling and deleting files out of ~/Library to in order to update to 8.9.10 by way of clean/fresh install.

• No worries, @ocabj, I'm glad there's a workaround! Apologies for the inconvenience though, hopefully we can get to the bottom of it the next time it crops up. You know were to find us if you have any questions in the meantime. 😊

• sibrcode
    sibrcode
    Community Member

I have nearly identical situation, will submit info now.

This discussion has been closed.