New Issue For 1Password For Safari in 1PW 7.10.0 On iPad Pro

Options
pappjo
pappjo
Community Member

For the second time today when attempting to bring up the Safari extension while on a web site I was presented with a request for my password. However even after entering the password I get the “could not connect to the 1Password app” message as shown in the screenshot below. The password was correct. The first time this morning I made sure that the main app was behaving properly, Face ID unlocked it immediately but going back to the Safari site I got the same error message. At that time I force quit Safari, re-launched it and went back to the site, and this time the extension opened immediately without entering a password. However just this evening the same thing has occurred again. I have not force quit Safari at this time but it seems as if the issue may be with Safari itself.

At this point I’m considering just installing 1PW 8 as I have been using it on my phone without issue. However on my ipad I’m on the 16.2 beta software and wonder if I would just run into a similar issue with 8 because of this ios? Also this morning I had restarted all my devices and ran into this issue afterward. I wonder if it’s possible that may have something to do with it. Just want to get some direction as to the best course to follow from here.

1Password Version: 7.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 16.2
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

This continues. Force quitting Safari always fixes this temporarily but it will occur again later on. Again this seems to be an issue with Safari. Does this occur with 1PW 8? I’m willing to install it since it has been working very well but my ipad is on beta software and I’m concerned that this might be an issue with Safari on the beta.

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

I have now deleted 1PW 7 and installed 8 on my ipad. Fortunately no issues with Face ID or with the Safari extension communicating with the main app. But I have seen other similar reports about 1PW 7 in regard to the Safari extension. Like my experience force quitting Safari fixes the issue but only temporarily. After some period of time the extension will again ask for the password and fail to recognize it with the message that it couldn’t communicate with the app. So far that is not an issue with 8.

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

For the first time this morning the Safari extension of 1PW8 had to be unlocked on my ipad with Face ID but that happened very quickly with no issue. So 8 has performed extremely well on both my phone on 16.1.1 and ipad on the latest 16.2 beta. Why that issue was happening with 7 on the ipad I don’t know but could be specific to Safari and ios.

• codicilhaggis
    codicilhaggis
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here with Safari running 1Password 7.10.0 on an iPad Pro 12.9” 16.1

I actually emailed 1Password support before stumbling across this thread. They ran me through the typical remove/re-enable safari extension that I knew didn’t work. I forwarded them this forum thread in a follow up email. Will update if I hear anything useful.

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

I never could get it sorted out. Force quitting Safari always restored the function but within some period of time it would always return. That seems like an issue with Safari. But I gave up and downloaded 8 and so far haven’t had any problems.

This discussion has been closed.