How to find 1Password version

Options
rocinante
rocinante
Community Member
edited November 2022 in Windows

In Windows, literally, for any program you can click on the Help menu and select About. Not 1Password. I look on your website. Stumble upon your release notes where the VERY FIRST bullet point says (incorrectly): "You can now copy the version number of the app in the About section in Preferences"

First of all why would anyone care (or need) to copy the version number? Is this so groundbreaking that it's the first thing I read about in your release notes? And second of all THERE IS NO PREFERENCES menu item in 1Password for Windows. Do you mean Settings?

I found it under Settings. But why? Why would you go to Settings to find the About page? Am I allowed to set my own version number?

This is just another mildly frustrating example of what it's like navigating the 1Password UI. I am sure I could list a dozen others if you cared. Maybe I've just been using Windows too long and am used to design standards. There sure are plenty of 'what were you thinking' moments as I hunt for information or settings in 1Password...

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Edge (is there any other?)

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

First of all why would anyone care (or need) to copy the version number? Is

So that we can paste it into bug reports. It's useful.

This discussion has been closed.