Drag and Drop Password Autofill Animation

jaspal
jaspal
Community Member

Is there a way to disable the animation? It feels to slow and if you click out of the app, it stops filling in the password. I would rather have it be instant. Does it type in each character of the password for security reasons?

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows and macOS
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @jaspal

Are you referring to autofilling in the browser, or when you autofill into another app? If you can let me know what browsers or apps you're autofilling into, I'll be able to test them out here and see more about what's going on. :)

— Grey

• jaspal
    jaspal
    Community Member

Hi Grey,

You can try it with the Discord desktop app and a password that’s 100 characters long.

• GreyM1P
    edited November 2022

@jaspal

I've just tried this out and it confirms what I thought it might be. When autofilling into apps that aren't your browser, 1Password has to simulate a keyboard and so has to "type" the details in, one character at a time. It tries to do this as quickly as possible, but not so quickly that there will be problems.

To avoid this for longer passwords, try pressing Shift + Ctrl + C to copy the password from Quick Access, then Ctrl + V to paste it. That won't involve "typing" it all in.

I hope that answers your question fully, but please do let me know if I can be of any further help. :)

• jaspal
    jaspal
    Community Member

Hi Grey, thank you for explaining the reasoning behind it and for your help.

• @jaspal – Happy to help! If you need anything from us at any point, do let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.