Generated passwords fill in the username as the date the password was generated

Options
tekay
tekay
Community Member

On previous versions of 1password if you selected a generated password it would only fill in the password. On the latest version it now trys to fill in the date the password was generated as the username.

It will even overwrite a manually entered username when selected a generated password. This behavior seems to be happening on 1password for mac as well.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Alvin.L_1P
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hey @tekay :

I apologize for the delayed response. Can you let me know which version of 1Password and macOS/iOS you're using on your devices? Thanks in advance.

Alvin

• tekay
    tekay
    Community Member
    Options

1Password for Mac 8.9.8 (80908009)
    1Password for iOS 8.9.7

• Hi @tekay :

Thanks for the reply. We'll need to take a closer look at how 1Password is currently set up. Can you send us a diagnostics report from your Mac and iOS devices?

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

Alvin

• tekay
    tekay
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Alvin,

I sent the diagnostic report here is the id [#XLI-64471-879]

I'm able to reproduce the issue pretty easily on iOS.
    1. Create a password for a site (not a login just a password)
    2. go to the site and click the key icon to open 1password
    3. the first issue is that 1password will show the date the password was created as the title (instead of the title itself)
    4. the second issue is that if you select the password it will auto fill the date as the username (instead of just filling the password and leaving the username alone)

• Thanks so much @tekay ! Someone from our team will send a reply to your email as soon as possible.

Alvin

ref: XLI-64471-879

This discussion has been closed.