corrupt 1password app can't placed in the trash because it says it is open. the computer disagrees

Eze
Eze
Community Member

My wife is on our family plan through me. 1password on a browser lets her sign in and works fine. 1password on her Mac says the same password is wrong. 1password app will not let me move to trash because it says it is open. it is not. does not show up in force quit window. Please advise.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ventura 13.0
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't move to trash

Comments

• Eze
    Eze
    Community Member

Did finally respond to trashing and reinstalling. Still does not accept password on Mac but does on browser...

• Hi @Eze,

Sorry to hear your wife is experiencing this and thanks for the update, I think you're on the right track with uninstalling. To confirm, is she able to sign in on 1Password.com and see all her data there? Let me know if not and we can dig deeper.

If she's able to sign in in a browser and see all her data (and you haven't already done this), I recommend removing the local data from her Mac along with a fresh install: How to uninstall 1Password

Make sure she has a copy of her Emergency Kit on hand first. Please also remember to reset her device afterwards.

Let me know how that goes or if you have any questions along the way! 🙂

This discussion has been closed.