2FA codes not working?

Options
DudeThatsErin
DudeThatsErin
Community Member

For some reason I cannot use OTP codes from 1P anymore. It always gives me invalid two-factor code whenever I try to use ANY 2FA code from the extension or the windows app.

Example from Discord with everything blurred but error

This is happening on my personal desktop as well as my work laptop. Both Windows.

The 2FA codes work from my mobile phone though.

I use an iPhone 11 on iOS 16.2 beta 2. Looking now at the codes, it seems like the 1P Windows app on Desktop is out of sync. My apple watch which is on WatchOS9 (no beta) has the same 2FA code as my phone. The extension and windows app both have the same (incorrect) 2FA code.

For example, XXX-XXX will be the 2FA code on my watch & phone. It is correct but the extension & windows app both display YYY-YYY.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the application. I have also tried to remove 2FA and re-add it.

I am using Discord as an example as it was something I was working with at the time I noticed this. I have 2 discord accounts and BOTH are having the issue. So it doesn't matter the login.

Anyone else running into this?

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.2
OS Version: Windows 11 22H2 & Windows 11 21H2
Browser:_ Brave 1.45.123

Comments

• DudeThatsErin
    DudeThatsErin
    Community Member
    Options

Fixed. It was Daylight Savings Time issue. Turned off the setting on my PC and back on and that fixed it.

• AliH1P
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hey @DudeThatsErin, thanks for reaching out. 2FA is very time-sensitive, so any drift in time on any of your devices would have caused the authenticator codes to be rejected.

I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue by adjusting your daylight savings time settings 😄

Ali

ref: MWD-29226-881

This discussion has been closed.