So frustrated with version 7.9.7

coffeemacsunset
coffeemacsunset
Community Member
edited November 2022 in Mac

What a nightmare today was. I kept wondering why 1password kept auto updating without me being able to stop it but found in the app auto install updates was checked by default. I don't even know if this version was tested in Ventura since every time I tried to enter my master password it would quit. I tried over and over. I thought I would go get my older previous version I have on a hard drive but that drive is encrypted and couldn't get to it. I tried installing version 6 from your site but didn't run on Ventura. You already put the new version 7 on your site so that didn't help. Suddenly I was locked out of 1password. All from an update. This was build #70907000. I will have to go to all my other devices and turn off auto update now. I don't know when this started to be checked by default. Never used to be. Just caused me so much stress today. I hope others will be careful updating if running Ventura 13.0.1. Glad I was finally able to find a copy of 7.9.6 on another Mac, so using that now.

1Password Version: 7.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.0.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @coffeemacsunset! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with 1Password 7 for Mac. I see that you're already in conversation with our team over email and I'm closing this forum thread to prevent duplication of effort.

-Dave

ref: VNB-26431-415

This discussion has been closed.