1Password 8 doesn't seem to prompt to save or update new passwords

adamsingy
adamsingy
Community Member

Prior to upgrading to 1Password 8, whenever I created a new account, or updated my password, on most websites, 1Password would automatically prompt me if I wanted to save that password. I may be wrong about this, but I think it even did this without the Safari Extension installed, because prior to 1Password 8, I didn't like the overlapping dropdown menus that the extension would create (I use Keychain as a backup method)

Now, 1Password seemingly never prompts me to save or update a password in the browser unless I use 1Password's own password suggestion. Sometimes I don't want to use the automatic suggestion, and sometimes I want to use Apple's strong password suggestion.

I'm not sure if this is a regression, or expected behavior, or a bug, but it's significantly deteriorated my experience with 1Password, so I'm hoping there is a way to recover the old behavior.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: 13.0
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• rpressjr
    rpressjr
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

Same kind of problem here. The 1Password icon appears in a (new) password field, and when I click it I get a box with a key icon and "use strong password" message with a password below it. I hit that and 1Password asks me to save it but there's nothing in the password box.

This discussion has been closed.