My 1Password will not link to Chrome despite having installed the extension.

DrRob
DrRob
Community Member

When I create a new iPassword for a site it is not registered in Chrome and if I want to use a password I have to copy it from the app and paste into chrome.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac OS 12.6
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My 1Password will not link to Chrome despite having installed the extension.

Comments

• Hi @DrRob,

Sorry to hear 1Password isn't behaving as expected in your browser, I'm happy to help! You mentioned you already have the browser extension installed, so our first step will be to check that it's up to date: How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser

You can then open the browser extension settings by right-clicking the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar. From there, navigate to "Autofill" on the left and check that these options are turned on:

Give a website another try after that and let me know how it goes. 🙂

• DrRob
    DrRob
    Community Member

Hello. Thanks for the information. I already did all of the above. When using a login box of a site in Chrome the pop up 1password field still saves old passwords. It does not pick up 1password's current password. I have to click on the 1 password icon beside the address bar and open 1password to get the login box to recognize the new password. Perhaps we should share windows to show you?
    Thanks

• DrRob
    DrRob
    Community Member

OK. Found the problem. The reading URL box in Extensions was unclicked.

All good now!

• Appreciate the update, @DrRob, glad to hear you're good to go. 🎉

You know where to find us if you have any questions in the future. 😊

This discussion has been closed.