When unlocking the app, it defaults to a single vault instead of all of them

codeknight
codeknight
Community Member
edited November 2022 in Mac

I have 3 vaults installed in 1Password. Every time I unlock the app, it defaults to a single one of those vaults, instead of "All vaults". Is this a bug, and is there a way to change it? I'm sure it used to show all vaults. They all have the same password, so they all unlock at the same time.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.8 (80908009)
Extension Version: 2.4.2
OS Version: 12.6
Browser:_ Chome

Comments

• Hi @codeknight, 👋🏻

The expected behaviour is that 1Password 8 on Mac will open to the last place (could be a vault, tag, favourites, etc.) it was when it closed. To confirm, if you select "All Items" on the left side menu and then close and re-open 1Password, does open on a specific vault?

Let me know what you find and we can take it from there. 🙂

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member

Thanks for the feedback Andrew. While I can't replicate switching vault, locking it and unlocking it to get to a different place, the reason I filed this issue is beacuse I never change my vault from "All accounts". Occasionally, I unlock the app and it is only showing me results from one vault, not from all of them. Given that I don't like to change to single vaults, something is making it switch - but I can't reliably tell you what that is, sorry.

• Thanks for the additional details, @codeknight. Odd behaviour indeed. The next time you notice you're only seeing results from a certain vault, I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of your 1Password app:

This will give me a better idea of what might be happening. Be careful to obscure any private information as this is a public forum. If you'd rather switch over to email we can go that too, just let me know. 🙂

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this!

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member

Will do, thank you

This discussion has been closed.