1Password 7 is crashing on Mac Ventura 13.0.1

peterE
peterE
Community Member

1Password 7 was always working perfectlcy but suddenly it is crashing shortly after starting. I use 1password on MacBook Pro (M1, Ventura), on iPad mini 5G iOS 15.7.1 and on LG Phone Android 8.1.0 (upgrade to 9 not possible)

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: 7.9.7
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.0.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 and Mac Ventura

Comments

• Hello @peterE! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password 7 is crashing on your Mac. Our developers are investigating an issue with version 7.9.7 and I recommend that you temporarily revert back to 7.9.6 in order to workaround the issue. Please follow these steps (don't worry, your data is stored in a separate location and is safe):

1. Quit all open web browsers.
    2. Open the main 1Password app. Right-click the 1Password icon in the menubar and click Quit 1Password Completely. (If you're unable to open the 1Password app at all then you can skip this step.)
    3. Drag 1Password 7 from the Applications folder to the Trash. Do not use an "app cleaner" or "uninstaller" tool to remove the app or additional files. If prompted, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac.
    4. Restart your Mac.
    5. Download version 7.9.6 of 1Password 7 from the 1Password website.
    6. Quit any open web browsers and then install 1Password.
    7. Open and unlock 1Password before opening your web browser.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

-Dave

ref: apple-5712

• peterE
    peterE
    Community Member

Thanks Dave
    for your quick answer, I will give it a try!
    Regards
    Peter

• @peterE

Sounds good. If the steps don't resolve the issue then let me know and I would be happy to help further. 🙂

-Dave

• jport36
    jport36
    Community Member

Glad I found this thread. This resolved my issues with the crashing!

• JAC3467
    JAC3467
    Community Member

I had the same problem - Dave's steps resolved the issue. Thank you.

• @jport36 and @JAC3467

I'm happy that everything is working again. 🙂

-Dave

• NiMi
    NiMi
    Community Member

I had this issue on an Intel iMac with Ventura. Thanks to Dave's very useful recommendation, all works fine now! Much appreciated, NiMi

• On behalf of Dave you've very welcome, @NiMi! We're always here to help if you have questions in the future. 😊

• jpsandiego
    jpsandiego
    Community Member

BTW - there was an update to 1Password7 - now version 7.9.8:
    https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7

And they do acknowledge a crash issue on macOS 13 was resolved:

Fixes a crash that could occur on macOS 13 when interacting with the item details.

• @jpsandiego

Thank you for pointing out the new version, on December 12th we did indeed push a new update that fixes the crashing issue. 🙂

-Dave

• neumanc
    neumanc
    Community Member

noraar, I couldn't agree more about 1Password8. I purchased 1P8 yearly licenses and went back to 1P7.

This discussion has been closed.