Andorid Opera Browser Auto Fill Problem

Fuloskop
Fuloskop
Community Member
edited November 2022 in Android

I noticed that autofill doesn't work when I use opera browser on android. When I tried it on chrome, it was making suggestions on the pages I entered. but when I tried opera, a screen called "suggestions for opera" was opened and it didn't bring up any of my saved passwords (twitter, facebook, etc.). My device brand is oppo reno 2z, the keyboard I use is gboard. The fact that it works in Chrome without any problems and does not work in Opera made me think of the possibility that opera is not specified as a browser on 1password. I'm waiting for your help.
Chrome(its working fine):

Opera (doesnt work):

1Password Version: 8.9.3
Extension Version: no extension for mobile
OS Version: Android v11
Browser:_ Opera

Comments

• Hi @Fuloskop

As 1Password 8 for Android uses the native Android autofill service it will offer to autofill login fields in web browsers that support autofill such as Chrome, Firefox, Brave and DuckDuckGo.

The Opera browser for Android doesn't support autofill, which would be why autofill suggestions would be appearing at the top of your keyboard when using Chrome but not when using Opera.

I hope this helps!😀

-- Brendan

• Fuloskop
    Fuloskop
    Community Member

Hi @BrendanR1P
    Thank you for response.
    As far as I learned from other topics, opera touch supports it, I switched to using it and it works there. thanks
    We can close this discussion. thank you

• Hi @Fuloskop,

You're very welcome. Thanks for sharing with us that Opera Touch supports Autofill, it's much appreciated. 😀

-- Brendan

This discussion has been closed.