1Password extension breaks Firefox focus

rogerl50
rogerl50
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

In the configuration below, quite often when I open a new tab, focus doesn't go to that tab, and it takes at least an extra click to get it there. I sometimes see 1Password in the Mac's title bar rather than Firefox. If I restart Firefox in safe mode, or turn off the 1password extension, the problems go away.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: macOS 11.6.8
Browser:_ Firefox 107.1

Comments

• Hey @rogerl50,

The behaviour you are describing does indeed seem strange, I'm struggling to replicate it.

Can you let me know the exact steps you take to open a new tab? Are you using a keyboard shortcut?

When this happens, is 1Password in your browser unlocked or locked? When it steals focus do you see the 1Password app open in your dock?

Any information would be really useful!

• rogerl50
    rogerl50
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

I have a couple of video captures of the interactions that I can send you links to - can I send them via email rather than in public?

In the first, I open a new tab on the 1Password site, then move the cursor over the "Sign In" button. The cursor does not change. When I press the cursor, it changes to the hand pointer and I can successfully click the link. In the second, I try to log into another site. When I click Cmd-\ to bring up 1Password, nothing happens. When I click on the 1Password shortcut icon in the browser bar, it opens, flashes and disappears. If I click on it a second time, it comes up.

One other note: I just noticed that in the both videos, when I navigate to 1password.com, the MacOS Menu bar shows that 1Password is the focused window. (This does not show up in the video.)

• Thanks for getting back to me @rogerl50.

Please attach the videos to an email addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread and we can take a closer look at what is happening.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• rogerl50
    rogerl50
    Community Member

The support ID is [#TZU-99498-513]. Thanks.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rogerl50, thanks for the ticket number. I do see that we have received your ticket. One of our Support team members will send you a reply shortly!

This discussion has been closed.