Pop up for 1p8 upgrade blocking access to app

I’ve been an avid user of 1password 7 but the forced pop-up to 1p8 is not even allowing me to open the app, except 1 out of 10 times. Right-click on system tray icon -> Open 1Password app -> i usually just get the “Save 50% for 3 years” pop up that eventually vanishes, and the app never opens. Over and over and over. Sometimes i have better success opening the “mini” view or the password generator first and authenticating, and then can open the main app. This is crippling me. No matter how many times i hit cancel, or accept the other annoying pop up in the app, they come back. Always. I can respect wanting people to upgrade, but not crippling software we’ve paid for in the process.

Please advise. A permanent workaround is very preferred here while I evaluate upgrading to 8.

1Password Version: 7.9.832
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_mike_d
    edited November 2022

Hello @nachoman,

I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you've been encountering. This is not the expected behaviour. Selecting the Cancel button (rather than X) should permanently dismiss the popup.

While you are evaluating 1Password 8, I'd encourage you to engage with our migrations team at support+tradein@1password.com for further information.

To help us better understand the situation with the returning popup, I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your email message:

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.