Re: Chrome - Auto-fill>> Addresses and more - is Disabled

rodney_inns
rodney_inns
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I enjoy using chromes built in Auto-fill>> Addresses and more for URLs and other information on pages I use a lot. But now I notice 1password has disabled this function so I cannot use it. I can disable 1password and turn Auto-fill>> Addresses and more back on but this completely disabled 1 password, so this is not a solution to my problem.

How do I get chromes Auto-fill>> Addresses and more function back and working again without disabling 1password?

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.3
OS Version: 13.0.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hey @rodney_inns,

We recommend adding information such as addresses within Identity Items in your 1Password and then you can use 1Password to fill these details for you. However, you can use Chromes autofill alongside 1Password using the steps below:

1. Right-click 1Password's icon in Chrome's toolbar and click Settings.
    2. Under "General" turn off the "make 1Password the default password manager" option.
    3. Paste the following into Chrome's address bar: chrome://settings/autofill
    4. Click Addresses and more (or Payment methods) and allow Chrome to autofill.

I hope this helps!

• rodney_inns
    rodney_inns
    Community Member

Thanks for the information I disable "make 1Password the default password manager" which fixed the problem. I disabled autofill passwords and credit card information and left on Auto-fill>> Addresses and more.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@rodney_inns glad things are working well now!

This discussion has been closed.