1password 7 won't open after update to Ventura 13.0.1

Options
lamonica
lamonica
Community Member
edited November 2022 in Mac

Enter pw in 1password7 and it won't open after updating to 13.0.1. Message is quit unexpectadly, I've sent reports and rebooted, same problem.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.0.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 won't open after update to Ventura 13.0.1

Comments

• Hello @lamonica! šŸ‘‹

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password 7 is crashing on your Mac. Our developers are investigating an issue with version 7.9.7 and I recommend that you temporarily revert back to 7.9.6 in order to workaround the issue. Please follow these steps (don't worry, your data is stored in a separate location and is safe):

1. Quit all open web browsers.
    2. Open the main 1Password app. Right-click the 1Password icon in the menubar and click Quit 1Password Completely. (If you're unable to open the 1Password app at all then you can skip this step.)
    3. Drag 1Password 7 from the Applications folder to the Trash. Do not use an "app cleaner" or "uninstaller" tool to remove the app or additional files. If prompted, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac.
    4. Restart your Mac.
    5. Download version 7.9.6 of 1Password 7 from the 1Password website.
    6. Quit any open web browsers and then install 1Password.
    7. Open and unlock 1Password before opening your web browser.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

-Dave

ref: apple-5712

• lamonica
    lamonica
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave, Iā€™m at the step to download. Can I just download 8?

• @lamonica

Thank you for the reply. Yes, you can certainly download and install 1Password 8 rather than 7 and I would recommend running the latest version. As long as you already have a 1Password account, the update is available at no additional charge.

Let me know if you have any other questions. šŸ™‚

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.