Minor bug - changing to dark mode on Mac

I had 1Password for Mac open this evening when it changed from light mode to dark mode. It looks kinda weird now. Maybe not all of the UI got the message!

1Password for Mac 8.9.10 (80910022)

1Password Version: 8.9.10 (80910022/NIGHTLY)
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 13.1 Beta (22C5050e)
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @mirv

I see you have an issue with the theme being applied correctly. I'd like to ask a few details to try and investigate further. Can I ask which setting your theme is currently set to? You can check your settings by going to Preferences > Appearance > Theme.

I'd also like to ask, when did the issue first occur? Was the change spontaneous? Or was the issue a result of changing a setting?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

@FrankyO1P Sorry I should have mentioned that my Theme (Appearance actually) is set to Auto, so it changes automatically around sundown. This is what happens when 1Password is left open when this transition occurs (ie. open 1Password before sunset when the system is still in light mode and wait for it to change to dark mode). I suspect this has been going on for a while, though I can't say for sure. I just happened to notice it the other day. It does seem reproducible - it happened again yesterday.

Thanks for looking into it.

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

I should also mention that other apps on my Mac seem to recover from the auto-transition to dark mode just fine. For example, Safari, System Preferences, Xcode, Preview etc. all look fine afterwards. I have the Spotify app open but it seems to cheat and stay in dark mode all day and night anyway so there is no transition.

• Hi @mirv

We appreciate you for bringing this issue to our attention and for the information you have provided. I'll pass these details on to our team so they can look into this issue. While I can't make any promises as to when this issue will be resolved, we'll reach out when we have any updates.

Thank you for your patience.

ref: dev/core/core#18675

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2022

@mirv

I am no longer experiencing this issue with our latest nightly. If you're up for testing could you confirm? Not everyone is up for a nightly and we understand that. If you'd like to wait till the next beta and/or stable that would be fine. To be clear the issue seems to continue using the latest production build after a test on my side.

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

I have the nightly open right now: 1Password for Mac 8.9.13 (80913017). Waiting for nightfall, which should be soon. Much suspense.

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

It worked this time. Looks beautiful in dark mode now. Thanks for fixing it!

This discussion has been closed.