Autofill username/password/TOTP in Tunnelblick

Options
BobW
BobW
Community Member
edited November 2022 in Mac

A VPN I frequently connect to with Tunnelblick (https://tunnelblick.net) triggers a login window that has three fields:

When I use the Universal Autofill feature, the first two fields fill in, but the last one (which needs the TOTP code) does not, despite that fact that all three fields are in the corresponding item in 1P. Is there some way I can get it to fill all three fields? I've tried changing the label on the TOTP field in 1P to "Security code" and "Security code:" but that didn't do anything. What's the mechanism that 1P uses to identify fields in apps?

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @BobW - After using Command + \ to fill the username and password, you can open Quick Access Command + Shift + Space and then use the keyboard shortcut Command + Option + C to copy the OTP. You can then paste it into the appropriate field. Can you let me know if this works?

• BobW
    BobW
    Community Member
    Options

That does work, and it's what I've been doing, but when you break it down, it's actually several steps. And since I have multiple credentials I can fill in, there are a couple of extra steps in this case. It all makes for a fussy process with a lot of repetition.

In a native app scenario like this, how does 1P determine what fields are available to fill in and how to fill them? I can make a request over on the Tunnelblick side to support 1P, but I'd need to know what to ask for.

• wormus
    wormus
    Community Member
    Options

I just solved same problem, you have to add OTP to 1password, then go to web version, open your Vault and find created login credentials. Rename "one-time-password" to "password", and then it possible to autofill just press Shift-Enter without copy/paste OTP.

This discussion has been closed.