Browser session infinite loop after adding security key

Browser used: Firefox
1p Version: 2.3.8

After adding my Yubikey on my.1password.com, first attempt at unlocking the browser extension reported a session expired like I expected with a security change, however the extension got stuck in an infinite loop of attempting to open new tabs. Restarting firefox would sometimes clear the issue - but only until 1P attempted to authenticate again.

Workaround: Browser addon needs removed from the button menu entirely, reinstalled and then authentication works again.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: Mac os 13.0.1
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Funcrusher, it's possible that you may have encountered a known issue with accounts waiting on multi-factor authentication. Our development team is aware of the problem, and they are working to implement a fix for it.

For now, I recommend this workaround to help with the issue:

1. Open your browser and go here: https://my.1password.com/signin > Sign in to your 1Password account > Turn off 2FA to your account.
    2. Close and open your browser.
    3. Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar and select Settings.
    4. Scroll down to "Integrate with 1Password app" at the end of General section and toggle it off > Scroll down to "Accounts & vaults" > Sign out of your account.
    5. Turn on 2FA again > Sign in again.

Once that's done, please restart your computer to ensure no pending process prevents 1Password from connecting with the browser. When your computer is back on, turn on the "Integrate with 1Password app" setting again. If you're asked to authenticate with 2fa at any point, please do so.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

ref: dev/core/core/-/issues/14622

This discussion has been closed.