Chrome add-on losing connection to 1Password 8 Desktop on Windows 11

flozza
flozza
Community Member

I'm running 1Password as a desktop application on Windows 11 and am using the Chrome integration as a bridge to that. Recently, I noticed that the bridge connection seems to get lost: 1Password desktop is both open and unlocked (I can e.g. copy a password), but the Chrome extension prompts to unlock, not recognising that it already is (presumably it lost the connection).

Here's the exact sequence I've noticed:
1. I open a Chrome tab with a sign in form
2. I press "Ctrl-Shift-X" prompting Chrome to unlock 1Password
3. The desktop application prompts me to unlock it via Windows Hello (or I enter the password)
4. I am returned to Chrome and can enter the username and password as usual
5. I open a new tab for a different website
6. 1Password shows be my options to select the username/password very briefly, then the window disappears
7. At this point the Chrome extension symbol for 1Password updates with a lock (it seems at this point the connection was lost)
8. If I try the "Ctrl-Shift-X" approach or click on the extension it doesn't re-establish the connection
9. Closing the 1Password desktop application and starting it again (proper closing, not just hitting the X) and then unlocking it fixes the issue

I'm not sure when this behaviour appeared, but I only noticed it in the last few days. I'm fairly certain that my 1Password just updated but that the behaviour already existed in the previous version. It is definitely still an issue with this current version.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.9.8 (80908009)
Extension Version: 2.4.3
OS Version: Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 22000.1219
Browser:_ Chrome 107.0.5304.121

Comments

• TaylorD1P
    TaylorD1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @flozza

Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry to hear with 1Password. Would you be able to send an email to support+windows@1password.com We would like to get some diagnostic data from you to help figure out what is happening.

Please let me know if you have any issue.

• flozza
    flozza
    Community Member

Hey @TaylorD1P, thanks for the suggestion. I've reached out to support.

• Thanks @flozza!

A member from the team will be in touch as soon as possible, if they have not already.

This discussion has been closed.