Wrong email address filled in when using shortcut

Options

Each time I use the chrome shortcut "CMD + \" it fils in "[username]" instead of "[myemail]@gmail.com"... usually repeating or clicking into and selecting the 1password item works. But it's super annoying so wanted to try asking here to see if I could get some help.

This has been happening for months.. i've tried removing the username field from my ID card but no luck

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.3
OS Version: 13
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @josebrowne 🙂

Sorry for the trouble you've bumped into, and thanks for sharing the details!

• Is the issue happening on a specific website?
    • If so, can you share the URL so we can do some testing?

Could you also try creating a new manual login item for the site using these steps?

1. Go to the website's login page.
    2. Type in your login information manually - don't click login.
    3. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar.
    4. Select 'Save Login' and save it as a New Item. (give it a unique name so we can tell it apart from your other item(s) for this site)
    5. Refresh the webpage.
    6. Autofill using 1Password using your preferred method.

If you are able to autofill and log in successfully, you can go ahead and delete your old login item in 1Password.

Let me know!

• josebrowne
    josebrowne
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Paul.. Thanks for the help here :)

Is the issue happening on a specific website?

It's happening for lots of sites not just a specific one

Could you also try creating a new manual login item for the site using these steps?

Yes, I can. However, it's worth noting that even without re-recording the login... if i just repeat the global shortcut it works correctly. It's just the first time for some reason. Then it becomes hard to reproduce. I've tried closing tab and starting again. Tried doing it in an incognito window. No luck yet.

• josebrowne
    josebrowne
    Community Member
    Options

Here I have a case where it happened (insert username instead of email) and when I looked at the 1password entry.. the username field is actually empty 🤔.. adding it fixed this case. Will keep testing as they come up.

• josebrowne
    josebrowne
    Community Member
    Options

Here's a great example that shows it's not something to do with the entry... This is after using the global shortcut to auto fill.. notice it entered my username on this first attempt.. but notice how the dropdown is right there with the correct email... when i press the shortcut again (or just select the login from the dropdown) it works correctly.

• josebrowne
    josebrowne
    Community Member
    Options

Here's another example: https://www.sketch.com/signin/

• Hey @josebrowne,

I have a feeling you may be running into an issue that we have indeed published a fix for. Can you make sure you are using the latest version of 1Password in your browser and then give your computer a restart and let me know if it improves things?

• josebrowne
    josebrowne
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles ,

Thanks will give it a shot.. the version i currently have installed is 2.5.1. Does that sound right?

• Thanks for getting back to me @josebrowne.

Yeah that's right, 2.5.1 is the latest version of 1Password in the browser.

Let us know how you get on!

• josebrowne
    josebrowne
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Just following up - this is still happening. Glad to know it's a known bug tho.. i've confirmed that everything is up to date. Even considered switching browsers (since I think this bug is specific to the chrome extension) but can't do it 😅.

Lemme know if there's anything I can do to workaround this bug 🙏🏽

• josebrowne
    josebrowne
    Community Member
    Options

Any plans to try to fix this?

• Hey @josebrowne,

I'm sorry you are still running into this. I think at this point it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.