I hate iOS 1PW8! It is SO frustrating and doesn’t work most of the time.

richard-w
richard-w
Community Member
edited November 2022 in iOS

I have been a 1PW user for so many years and versions I can’t remember when I became one (syncing via dropbox or some such was back there at some point). I am not able to tell you how fed up I am with this now-dreadful app. Even the 1PW developers can’t fix the problems it has. I have been in correspondence for, literally, months with Tommy, a lovely 1PW person but only one who is only able to comment on the problem, about a break/bug in the private (or is it secret) enclave module that manages iOS Face ID which means EVERY time I try to use 1PW on my iPhone11 Pro I have to type in my password. Infuriating - both the necessity of having to do that and the fact that the developers are taking SO LONG to come up with a fix (Tommy tells me one is now coming in a week or two - no offence but I am taking that assurance with a kilo of salt). In iPad OS 16.1.1, FaceID works but tapping ‘edit’ on a pw page in the app (to edit a pw) opens an empty, ie, Start Page, Safari(!) page. What is the point of that? Just to stoke the rage? This is just awful.

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS/iPadOS 16.1.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hello @richard-w! 👋

I'm sorry for the frustration, I can empathize with how it feels when an important tool like 1Password isn't working. Our developers have made the Face ID issue a priority and we hope to have a fix in a future update soon.

Since you're already in speaking with the team over email I suggest that we continue there to avoid having the same conversation in two different places. One of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: BVJ-22774-833

This discussion has been closed.