Just installed 1Password on Android and I don't see any WLAN option… Only a sign in/up option.

Options
ohara
ohara
Community Member
edited November 2022 in Android

Has this feature been discontinued? The feature is still described in the docs… But I'm stuck at the login screen of Android app.

I've been using 1Password for over a decade on my mac, but I'm 100% against the subscription "business" model and I'm perfectly happy with the standalone app + local sync. Moving away from iOS and using GrapheneOS on a Pixel 6.

I would love to stick to 1Password, but I'll have to look for another app if there is not simple sync option on Android.

1Password Version: Android version 8910026
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: GrapheneOS/Android 13
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:wlan

Comments

• Hi @ohara,

1Password 8 completed our transition away from standalone vaults to our 1Password.com service. We didn’t want to remove functionality from anyone, though, so we published v8 as a separate download to 1Password v7 so users using alternative sync methods such as Dropbox, WLAN Sync and local storage would still be able to access their data.

As 1Password 7 for Android has been delisted from the Google Play Store, it isn't available for download from the Google Play Store, but as long as you had installed 1Password 7 for Android on one of your devices via the Google Play Store at some point, you can install 1Password 7 for Android on the device again by following the steps below:

1. Open the Google Play Store
    2. Tap the profile icon in the top right (usually your initials)
    3. Tap Manage apps and devices
    4. Tap Manage
    5. Tap Installed, then tap Not Installed
    6. Tap 1Password 7 - Password Manager, then tap the green Install button.

I hope this helps.

-- Brendan

• ohara
    ohara
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, as mentioned above, I'm transitioning from an iPhone to a Pixel 6 running GrapheneOS so I've never installed 1Password 7 on Android before.

Do you know where I could find a direct link to the APK package to install the app manually?

Thanks again!

• ohara
    ohara
    Community Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

I found this version, but I'm assuming it's not safe to download a password manager app from a random website…

• Hi @ohara, thanks for following up with us.

We publish 1Password for Android through the Google Play Store. We cannot verify the authenticity of 1Password if it installed from another source and installing from, as you said, a random website can introduce risk. If you have not previously installed 1Password 7 for Android, 1Password 8 for Android is the only Android app available.

If you're interested in a 1Password membership, I would be happy to go over all the details with you. That being said, I can see you mentioned a preference for local sync. I'm sorry to say this is not likely an option to newly set up on an Android device.

While I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password, I've shared your interest in an APK with the team for their consideration. If there's anything else we can help with at this time, just let me know!

ref: IDEA-I-1667

• ohara
    ohara
    Community Member
    Options

II would very much appreciate if you made the v7 APK available for download. Otherwise I'll just have to look elsewhere.

Thanks.

• Thanks, @ohara. As mentioned, I shared your feedback but I have no information as to if or when that would be available. I would be very sorry to see you go but I can understand that you need to find a setup that works for you.

This discussion has been closed.