dadane58
dadane58
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

My logins are not filling username and password when I click open and fill.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:log ins not auto populating anymore

Comments

• dadane58
    dadane58
    Community Member

I am using Password 8, extension ?, OS Catalina, and Chrome

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dadane58, does this happen for every login or just a specific few? Do you see the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar? If you do, can you click on that 1Password icon and let me know if it doesn't respond?

• janprasil
    janprasil
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

@Joy_1P The same happens to me. Open website with login form in Google Chrome, it shows me 1password icon in username field and also shows me available logins for that page. I choose one but nothing happens. So I try to open 1password with cmd + x which i have to login with password first, which is weird because it shows me available login in that login field and also 1password is running on my mac (i have it in the top bar) - so I should be already authorized (only sometimes it wants password but not every time). Then I start to fill a password and out of nowhere - even I don't type the password at all, it logs me in and then the autofill starts working.

I think there is some, for me long, delay before it's possible to use autofill. This is very annoying behavior.

• Hi @janprasil,

I have a feeling you could be running into a known issue. Can you let me know if things work as you'd expect if you unlock 1Password form your browser toolbar first before visiting the login page?

As for the steps you are providing above, do things work as expected on the second attempt at selecting the suggestion from the inline menu?

This information will be really useful, thank you!

• janprasil
    janprasil
    Community Member

Hi @steph.giles
    thank you for your help in solving this problem.
    Unfortunately I am always clicking on the icon inside a login field :D
    I will have to reproduce it but I've just logged in and there is some time "being logged in" without need to enter a password - I mean the time that everything works well. Have to wait for the time it invalidates my login and then I'll send you a message here again.

• Thank you for getting back to me @janprasil.

If it is indeed the issue I am thinking of then there has been a fix published to our Beta release.

If you would like to give this a try you can install it from here: https://support.1password.com/betas/#install-a-beta-release-of-the-1password-extension

Let us know how you get on and if you have any questions at all!

• janprasil
    janprasil
    Community Member

Hi @steph.giles,
    so I tried what we were writing about yesterday and it works when I log in first.
    Thank you for the beta tip, will try asap and let you know again :)
    Many thanks!

• janprasil
    janprasil
    Community Member

@steph.giles
    that's quick from me cause found out I can lock 1password in Chrome :D
    So everything works now perfectly as I was used to.
    Once again thanks a lot and have a nice day :)

• Hey @janprasil,

Thank you for the update, have a wonderful weekend!

This discussion has been closed.