No question, just disappointed

rwha
rwha
Community Member

Been a long time 1Password user and recently made the move from version 6 to 8 (8.9.8). Was not a fan of the subscription model but decided to give it a try. Happy with the user experience with my iPhone but it is pretty poor on a Mac. I am using a new MacBook Air with an M2 and frequently have to kill the app and reopen. The flakiness of the app is inconsistent and very odd. The app will be open but won't get focus and I am unable to interact with it. Killing and reopening makes it work again but that's disappointing never had problem like this on prior versions. I'm not using a browser extensions just a simple cut and paste from the app.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Monterey 12.6.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @rwha, I'm very sorry about the issues you've experienced with 1Password 8. I would be happy to help look into things further.

Here are some questions:

• What steps do you take to use the 1Password app on your computer?
    • At which step do you expect the app to get focus?
    • During that step, what happens instead?
    • Does the app become totally unresponsive?
    • Does this happen after your computer has been idle?

I look forward to getting the details above.

• rwha
    rwha
    Community Member

I'm running the app standalone without the browser plugin. When this occurs the app has been open for a while. I'm sure it's often open for days but can't say that's the only time the problem occurs. However even thought it's been open for days I can interact with it, but when I return to it minutes later the problem occurs. I click on the app and it does not get focus. Meaning that its window stays in the background. It will look like I can click on copy, but nothing gets copied. I'm a dev and look for patterns, but at this time I don't have a good one.

This discussion has been closed.