Mac 1Password 8 file location

mdesa
mdesa
Community Member

I managed to change my master password and forget it before storing it.

I have a Time Machine backup taken just a few minutes before the password change. Do I have any chance to revert the local file system changes, disconnect the computer from the net, logon with the old password and export the vault content?

If the above may work, I need the file locations to restore.

I understand that even if it work, I will still need create a new account and import the old data in it. Correct?

Thanks

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.6.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @mdesa! 👋

I'm sorry that you've forgotten your account password. You can find 1Password 8's local files here: ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data

If you are part of a 1Password Families membership then you can have you family organizer help you to recover your account: Recover accounts for family or team members

If you're not using 1Password Families, or if you're the family organizer, then I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can go over the available options with you. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• mdesa
    mdesa
    Community Member

Hi Dave,

The Time Machine restore did the trick and I was able to logon using the old password.
    I then followed the support instructions to create a new account and move the current vault elements to the new account.
    I guess I need a few more steps to complete the recovering of my old account, but I now have a working account with all my data, which is already a great achievement.

Thank you very much for your help
    Marcello

• On behalf of Dave, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.