Tags Sort Order

Options
Andrew42
Andrew42
Community Member
edited November 2022 in Windows

My Tags are sorted alphabetically in the left column but in the drop down box when adding a tag to a record my order is random and so I have scroll down the entire list to find what I want or if I need to create a new tag. Am I doing something wrong or is this another feature in 1P8 design decision to make the experience simpler?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hello,
    Have you tried writing the first letter(s) of an existing tag into the field?
    You can also apply a tag to an existing item, by dragging the item to a tag in the sidebar.
    See https://support.1password.com/favorites-tags/

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I did not know that. It works very well. I knew about the dragging option which works too but is not too easy if the tag is not actually showing on the screen. Your method is simpler and obviates the need for an alphabetical list.

• Hello @Andrew42

Thank you for reporting this. I'm glad to hear that the suggestion @Ekalb provided was helpful. Thanks for the assist!

This issue is filed with the team and I've included your report as well!

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

ref: dev/core/core#11466

• 1Passworder1
    1Passworder1
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, that workaround works after typing 2 letters. Still, imo the tag list that pops up should be in alphabetically sorted order to begin with and not a random order -

• Hi @1Passworder1, thanks for reaching out about this! At the moment, tags are listed by frequency of use, however I can definitely understand how sorting them alphabetically would make things easier. We have an issue on file to look into the way tags are sorted here, and I've added your report to the issue.

If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know.

ref: dev/core/core#11466

This discussion has been closed.