Reproducible: First time I unlock 1password to access browser, prompt fails to auto-fill

• 1Password is locked
  • I go to Chrome and want to login, so I click the lock icon inside a login field
  • 1Password opens for me to enter my password and unlock the vault
  • I enter my password to unlock the vault, which then auto-populates the list of suggestions in the username field
  • I click one, which should auto-fill the login

Instead, the fields do not autopopulate, the icon on the field goes back to showing a lock symbol, and I have to click it again to open the list and click the account to sign in with.

This has been catching me out every time I try to sign into something while the vault is locked.

Link to video of what happens:
https://www.veed.io/view/ae0e8f3e-79d4-442a-acf6-8e8889856832?sharingWidget=true&panel=share

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.8 (80908009)
Extension Version: 2.4.3
OS Version: MacOS 12.6
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hey @codeknight,

It sounds like you might be running into a recent known issue which our developers have just published a fix for in the beta version of the browser extension.

Can you try the beta version and see if the behaviour improves: https://1password.com/downloads/mac/#beta-downloads

I'm sorry for the disruption!

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member

Thanks Steph. I just updated my branch to the beta version, updated it, quit, then tried again and am getting the same behaviour.

• Thank you for getting back to me @codeknight, I apologise for the trouble. I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.