synchronization and logins

rajeshr
rajeshr
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I have 3 problems
1. I'm not able to use Brave browser as the app is not able to synchronize with 1Passwoar app of the computer
2. Not able to add new logins as it says unable to save
3. Not showing password suggestion in a new registration of any login

Kindly help me to solve these issues. I'm not a technical person to do hard software issues. So your help is much appreciated

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rajeshr

I'll be happy to help you with these issues you've been experiencing.

1. I'm not able to use Brave browser as the app is not able to synchronize with 1Passwoar app of the computer

You can enable Integration of 1Password for your browser (extension) with the 1Password desktop apps by following the steps below:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in the top right of your Brave browser
    2. Click Settings
    3. Toggle on the Integrate with 1Password app option

Once the integration is enabled, 1Password for your browser should remain unlocked when the 1Password desktop app is unlocked and certain functions such as Edit, when clicked in 1Password for your browser will open in the 1Password desktop app to allow you to edit, instead of via 1Password.com

1. Not able to add new logins as it says unable to save

Could you please try the following steps below to see if these will resolve the Unable to Save Item error:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.
    5. Go back to General, and re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    1. Not showing password suggestion in a new registration of any login

This issue may be occurring due to a setting in the 1Password for your browser settings. I'd suggest checking to see if the Offer to fill and save passwords option is enabled in the 1Password for your browser settings by following the steps below:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in the top right of your Brave browser
    2. Click Settings
    3. Under Autofill, toggle the Offer to fill and save passwords option On

I hope this helps! 😀

-- Brendan

• rajeshr
    rajeshr
    Community Member

Thank you for the immediate update. All the problems solved. Thank you again...........

• On behalf of Brendan, you are welcome @rajeshr! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

• rajeshr
    rajeshr
    Community Member

Hello,

This happens again and again. How can you help me to solve the problem once for all?

• Hi @rajeshr,

I'm sorry for the ongoing trouble. I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.