Sign in with Google not working for me

IR69
IR69
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

So far Sign in with Google has not caused 1Password extension to wakeup and offer to Save in 1Password.
I can sign in to the site using Google but 1Password just refuses to do anything.

The site I am trying to sign in to and save to 1Password is:
https://www.trustpilot.com/users/connect

Has anyone got this feature to work or am I doing something wrong?
Also is there anyway I can manually add this to 1Password?

Thanks

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Firefox 107.0.1

Comments

• ag_mike_d
    edited December 2022

Hello @IR69,

Thanks for your message. Sorry for the troubles here. I've noticed the extension version above seems to be 2.3.8, for Firefox.

When testing with the URL provided for TrustPilot in Firefox, attempting to sign in with Google, works as expected and I'm presented with the prompt as below:

Please check that both your browser and 1Password extension are up-to-date: https://support.1password.com/update-1password-browser/

Also is there anyway I can manually add this to 1Password?

When editing an item in 1Password 8, you can use the “add more” > “Sign in with” option to specify that you’ve set up that login with one of our supported providers.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance - we'll be happy to help!

• IR69
    IR69
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

Hi @ag_mike_d ,

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Both Firefox and its add ons are configured to auto update and the version numbers I gave above are the latest production versions of both.

Also I checked the "+ add more" menu and there is no "Sign in with" option (see below).
    (only "Link to a related item" is not displayed at the bottom of this image)

Any ideas?

Update: Just checked my iPad, MacBook and Android phone. All are up to date. The "Sign in with" option does not exist on any of the apps and the Mac and iPad extensions did not prompt to save in 1password when I signed out and in again.

• ag_mike_d
    edited December 2022

Hello @IR69,

Thanks for getting back to me with the update and sorry for any confusion that my message has caused.

The screen shot I provided occurred with some internal testing and we're hoping to see this in the near future with 1Password in Firefox version 2.5.0, but that update has not quite there yet. If you'd like to give this feature a try right now, you can install the Beta extension for Firefox by following this link: Use 1Password beta releases - Extension

With regard to your Mac and iPad, we haven't forgotten about 1Password for Safari 2.5.0 - it'll be coming as soon as possible.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. We're here for you!

• IR69
    IR69
    Community Member

Hi @ag_mike_d,

Today 1Password released a Youtube vod and sent an email announcing sign in with Google which is clearly an odd thing to do if it’s not available yet.

If I install the beta version on my devices is there any danger of it corrupting my vault? I don’t mind trying the beta version and can always rollback but can’t afford to lose my passwords, etc.

No problem about the Mac and iPad versions. I only tried these to give more feedback.

Thanks again.

• Good morning @IR69,

Thanks for your feedback and again, I'm sorry for any troubles. If you'd like to install the Beta, there is no danger of corruption. You can install the Beta extension along side of, and temporarily disable the Production version of the extension in Firefox while testing this out: Use 1Password beta releases - Extension

Do let us know how things go or if you have any other questions.

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

I came here to report the exact same problem. It's very strange that there's an annoucement on 1Password blog and 1Password Community about this feature with no mention that it's currently in beta.

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

Ah, this was added in 2.5.0 but the version available on addons.mozilla.org is still 2.3.8. Did you submit the update to Mozilla already?

Edit: nevermind, 2.5.0 is now available on addons.mozilla.org.

• Hello @IR69 and @dserodio,

Sorry for the delay in response. This was submitted to Mozilla and as of today, you can update to 2.5.0. Here's the link to 1Password in the browser.

Thanks for your patience and please let us know how you make out!

• IR69
    IR69
    Community Member

Hi @ag_mike_d,

1P8 Firefox extension version 2.5.0 has worked for me.

Thanks for your help and letting me know 2.5.0 had been released.

• @IR69,

On behalf of Mike, you are most welcome!

Let us know if you have any questions 🙂

This discussion has been closed.