Sign in with... Problem at Phillips.com

I log in with Apple at https://www.subscription.philips.com/en-us/my-account/overview. I'm using Arc as my web browser. This is the first place I tested this new feature, and it has utterly failed. The problem is that the option to save goes away too quickly. Sometimes I can see the popup in the upper right, and maybe even click it to show the popup in the middle of the page, but the website redirects me before I can actually act on either of these to save the item to 1Password. I imagine this is not an uncommon behavior of a website, so is there some way you can update the 1Password browser extension to be resilient to redirects within the website and still offer to save the "Sign in with..." item? Otherwise on this website, and probably others, this new feature will fail to actually let us save items.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.8 (80908009)
Extension Version: Version 2.5.0
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1 (22A400)
Browser:_ Arc

Comments

• alexclst
    alexclst
    Community Member

Another way to handle this would be to let us manually assign "sign in with..." providers to logins in the main 1Password app.

• Hi @alexclst,

It's great that you are trying out our new 'Sign in with' feature, I'm sorry for the trouble you have had on this site. I have just tested it and found it did as you described but then once the page had fully loaded the pop up in the right hand corner showed again for me and I was able to proceed. Can you give it another try and just see if it works if you don't try to click on the prompt straight away but wait for the page to load?

As for your suggestion, this functionality isn't currently available in the 1Password app but it is possible to do this if you sign in to your account on 1Password.com. Here's how: https://support.1password.com/sign-in-with-provider/#edit-a-login.

Let me know how you get on!

• alexclst
    alexclst
    Community Member

@steph.giles That seems to not be working for me. If I log in and don't try to click the popup in the righthand corner, it does not appear upon final page load for me. But thanks for the tip that I can do it manually from the 1Password website, so I did that.

This discussion has been closed.