1Password 7 won’t open with IOS 16-Need to back up data to retrieve in 1pass. 8!!!

Options
Artworks7
Artworks7
Community Member
edited December 2022 in iOS

My data is not showing in 1Password 8, and now 1Password 7 APP won’t open after updating my iphone to IOS 16. My data isn’t present in the family vault either. So only way to access data it is to be able to get back in to the 1Password 7 APP & try to force a backup or sync. Does anyone know a solution? Is there a fix to allow vs 7 APP to work on IOS 16 so I can retrieve my data? Please advise!!

1Password Version: 7 & 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
IOS Version:_ 16
Browser:_ IPHONE APP (Vs 7)

Comments

• Hello @Artworks7! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to open 1Password 7 after updating to iOS 16. 1Password 7 should be working on iOS 16, I've just tested on my own device (running 16.1.1) and can open and unlock the older app without issue. Can you tell me a little more about what you see when you try to open the 1Password 7 app? Can you post a screenshot?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• Artworks7
    Artworks7
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,
    The app (vs 7) basically acts like it will open for 2 seconds then doesn’t open at all so only thing to take pic of is the app icon. Problem is actually on my husband’s iphone which is a little diff model than i have. I’ve not updated my 13Pro yet and 7 is still working, but it doesn’t show his vault data. The main glitch is that for some reason the entire time he used the 1 password app and entered info, it wasn’t syncing to our account, otherwise it would have just repopulated in vs8. I will look again more specifically tomorrow at phone version etc and post what I find. Surely there’s a way to get back in it😩
    Thanks so much Dave!
    Sandi

• Artworks7
    Artworks7
    Community Member
    Options

It’s an iPhone 11 running IOS 16.1.1. Vs 7 of the APP still won’t open

• @Artworks7

I'm sorry for the delay in responding, thank you for the additional details. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.