Can't view forum

Options
danco
danco
Volunteer Moderator

When I use Firefox in MacOS Ventura I get the following error

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to discussions.agilebits.com. Peer’s certificate has an invalid signature.

Error code: SEC_ERROR_BAD_SIGNATURE

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

I think it is a Firefox error, not a Forum one, as I get a similar message on several sites. But I would be glad if anyone has a solution.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @danco! 👋

I'm using Firefox 107.0.1 (64-bit) and macOS Ventura 13.0.1 and I'm not seeing the same error message. Are you using the same versions? Do you see the same error when you try to access the forum using a Private window?

Beyond that, are you using bookmarks to access the forum or are you typing https://1password.community/ into the browser? Have you installed or modified any certificates in Firefox on your device?

-Dave

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Yes, I'm using the same versions. Using a bookmark.

As I mentioned, the problem occurs on quite a few web pages, with the same error, "peer's certificate has an invalid signature".

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2022
    Options

@danco

A Google search for "peer's certificate has an invalid signature" turns up several hits. One may apply to you. Sorry, I cannot say which one. It seems like there are a few flavors. That was one that stood out to me. Using your full message above this is the top hit. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1233695

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

That link provided interesting suggestions. Unfortunately making the suggested changes did not help.

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

When did you start getting this message? I'm on Firefox Nightly using v109, no issues for me. I also tested on my release channel version of 107.1, no issues, what extensions to have installed for Firefox? Any antivirus?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

No actual antivirus, but do have Malwarebytes. Not sure when problem started. It could have been on the update to Ventura, or on a fairly recent (but certainly not latest) Firefox update. I don't normally use Firefox, but have had trouble (of a totally different kind) with one or two sites using Safari so looked at what happened when I switched to Firefox

Quite a few extensions, but they never caused trouble previously.

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

Gotcha alright, I would try disabling all your extensions, then loading the forum page. Does this load the page for you?

This discussion has been closed.